Covid19 East End Family Dentistry Office Update
To Our Patients and fellow Community Members:
We hope that you and our family are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the past few months, and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal routines. While many things have changed our commitment to your safety remains paramount.
Infection control has always been a top priority at our office. We want to inform you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the ADA and the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety (OSHA). We follow these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We make these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you arrive at office.
- It is requested that masks be worn in the office, and hand sanitizer will be provided for your use while in the office.
- Our waiting room will be clear of magazines etc. as these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce wait times as well as reducing number of patients in the office at one time.
- We have ordered Extraoral Suction Units for all operatories. These units treat droplets and aerosols produced during dental treatment and use suction, HEPA filters, and UV light to kill bacteria, viruses and germs.
- We have also ordered Medify Medical Grade HEPA air purifiers for all office rooms which remove air contaminants in less than 15 minutes.
- Additionally we have ordered UV Sanitizing Wands for use on equipment and surfaces.
- The office will be sanitized and disinfected multiple times throughout the day.
- We will be limiting the number of staff and patients in the office at one time. Please be patient with us during this process.
We look forward to seeing you again and will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we will take to keep every patient safe in our practice.
Thank you for your trust and loyalty.
Dr. John French, Dr. Terry Jobe and Dr. Ryan Rhodes the team at East End Family Dentistry